Enroll in Medicare Parts A & B
- Coverage should begin on the first of the month of your eligibility.
- That date might be one’s 65th birthday or their retirement date, if later.
- Your Medicare application process starts at the Social Security Administration (SSA) site: https://www.ssa.gov/medicare/.
- This page has a great deal of useful information that may be of interest to you.
- Among other things, this site can help you decide on the best coverage start date for you.
Near The Center Of The Page Are The Tabs That Will Allow You To Apply For Medicare:
|Use the online application to apply for just Medicare (without Social Security benefits)|
|Finish an application you’ve already started|
|Check status of application you submitted|
Your New Medicare ID Card Will Have Some Critical Information:
- Part A and Part B Start Dates
- Your Medicare Identifier
Once you have the Medicare ID card, it is time to apply for a Medicare supplement plan.